Member Photo Contest
6th Annual Member Photo Contest
It is time for the 6th Annual Member Photo Contest! Prizes will be awarded for the top three winners: 1st place wins a $100 bill credit and will be featured on the cover of our 2019 Annual Report, 2ndplace wins a $50 bill credit, and 3rdplace wins a $25 bill credit. In addition to the top three, nine photo submissions will be featured in the 2021 CHEC Member Calendar. The subject of your photo can be beautiful scenery and landscapes, interesting buildings or structures, power line equipment, or anything else that you find appealing about Hatteras Island. Photos must be submitted by February 1, 2020.
A panel of judges will vote to decide the winners. CHEC will announce the winners in the April 2020 Carolina Country magazine. All entries will be featured on the Cooperative’s website for the duration of the contest. If you have questions about the contest, please contact Laura Ertle at or by calling (252)995-5616.
- Only one entry per member.
- The photo must have been taken by a CHEC member.
- The photo should be submitted electronically to by February 1, 2020. If you are unable to submit it electronically, please contact Laura to make other arrangements.
- When submitting a photo, you must include where the photo was taken, a brief description of the subject, who took the photo, and a title for the photo.
- Employees and directors of CHEC, along with members of their immediate families, are ineligible.
- The prizes will appear as credit on the winner’s electricity bill and may not be redeemed for cash.
By submitting a photo entry to this contest, you are granting CHEC permission to use the image in any and all of its publications, including internal and external newsletters and website entries, without payment. However, photo credit will be given. CHEC reserves the right to disqualify any photo deemed inappropriate or offensive.