Job Title: Warehouse/Materials Specialist
Department: 9 - Warehouse Department
Reports To: Purchasing/Warehouse Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assists the Purchasing/Warehouse Supervisor in providing general administrative and operational support for Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Picks materials for loading.
- Prepares and assists crews in loading trailers and trucks for constructions work.
- Assists Purchasing/Warehouse Supervisor with ordering and receiving material, maintaining logs and inventories.
- Picks and salvages materials as they come back into the warehouse.
- Receives materials from freight company, arranges in-stock materials in warehouse and storage lot.
- Assists in keeping general office, warehouse and storage lots neat and clean.
- Assists in returning unused or damaged goods.
- Provides general preventive maintenance and clean up of pool vehicles.
- Assists Purchasing/Warehouse Supervisor in work order processing.
- Performs monthly inspections for first-aid, fire extinguishers, and fire alarms.
- Responsible for facility management, maintenance and general housekeeping.
- Performs water heater deliveries and manages water heater claims.
- Performs other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This in an entry level position which requires a high school diploma and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, clients and other employees of the organization. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer. Must have the ability to learn and navigate the Cooperative’s Purchase Order and Work Order systems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divided in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Shall have (or obtain after employment)and maintain a North Carolina Commercial Operator Drivers License. Shall complete the requirements for a first-aid and CPR certificate. Shall have (or obtain after employment)and maintain certification to operate a forklift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is an essential function of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the work schedule will be performed in and around the office and warehouse facilities. Incumbent must be willing to work in all weather conditions, including help with service restoration during storms. Overtime may be required at times of heavy workload. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send resumes to: Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative, PO Box 9, Buxton, NC 27920 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.